CHOP CHOP Mobile (view all jobs)
The ideal candidate is passionate about the hair and beauty industry and has a great work ethic and high integrity. This person is always eager to learn new techniques and improve on existing skills. We are seeking someone with a charming personality, strong communication skills and personable. Our clientele’s demographics can change greatly based on the location we’re servicing so the ideal candidate will need to adapt to any environment and work with various textures and complexions.
Immediate need: We’re looking for stylists interested in working on a luxury mobile salon trailer every Tuesday & Thursday at Northbrook Court Mall in Northbrook, IL from April to October. The salon trailer will be parked right outside of the main entrance in front of Macy’s and California Pizza Kitchen. No need to have clientele CHOP CHOP does all the marketing and advertising. Don’t just expect to offer typical salon services. CHOP CHOP will offer classes on beauty hacks, tips and tricks and other learnings customers can take back and use once they go home.
Are you an educator or aspiring educator? This job is for you! Here are just a few of the classes we’ll be holding when we’re not taking regular appointments:
- Parent’s how-to: How to style and care for your child’s curly hair
- Parent’s how-to: Best products for your child’s texture
- Quick styles: 30 minute or less natural hair styles
- Quick styles: Classy updos in 30 minutes or less
- Perfecting the perfect blow-out
- Hair braiding 101
- Male balding: alternative hair cuts and hair styles
- How to camouflage the grey
- Men’s how-to: Achieving the perfectly smooth shave without razor bumps
- Valid Illinois Cosmetology License
- Experience in a salon and/or freelance work
- Works with a variety of hair textures
- Must be able to work efficiently in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Available on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays from 10 am – 6 pm
- Ability to work under minimal supervision in professional work environments
- Ability to handle stress and pressure in a positive way
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and bend for extended periods of time
- High school diploma or GED
- Portfolio or gallery of work preferred
Compensation: $13.00/hour + tips + Commission (Pop-up Salon) | $20+ (Events)
- Friendly team environment
- No need to do your own marketing we provide the clientele for you (Just show up to the event and get paid)
- Occasional team outings and dinners
- Fun, diverse, energetic team
- Consideration for special events: weddings, brand activation, corporate events, etc.
- Travel, complimentary room and board to events
- VIP access to concerts, festivals and other events where CHOP CHOP is booked
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with CHOP CHOP
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Advance our society
To create a platform that fosters dialog, connection and exchange and dispels racial stereotypes one haircut at a time.